Choose a secure password!
You should think carefully about choosing your password. Your password should not be easy to guess, even to someone who knows you well. Also, keep in mind the existence of “brute force” programs, which use a set of words to generate possible passwords in order to attempt logging in to an account. Here are a few handy tips that should help you with choosing a secure password:
- Your password should not contain words from any dictionary; this includes words spelled backwards. Dictionaries are often used to generate a list of possible passwords from common words and terms.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, special characters, spaces and capitalization but keep in mind that their distribution is also very important. For example, "password123" is not very secure, but "bLu3!p8P3py" is extremely difficult to guess.
- The longer the password, the less the chances that someone may be able to guess it. We recommend that you create a password that uses as many characters as possible.
- Many programs can detect common number/letter replacements (e.g. 5 for an S, 3 for an E, 1 for an I etc.) so try and avoid these when creating your password. Also try to avoid using keyboard sequences (e.g. 1234, qwert, zxasqw, asdasd, etc.) as these are commonly used to create passwords and are therefore often used by “Brute Force” programs.
- We recommend that you do not use your account name or summoner name in your password, as if it is followed by numbers, special characters or other words it will make it easier to guess. Finally try to use a unique password that is different from any of your other passwords (email account, social media websites, online bank account, other online game accounts, etc).
There are some good open source password managers that might help you keep track of various passwords and while we do not endorse or support a particular password manager, here is an example of such program:
If you have forgotten your password or believe it may have been changed, here are instructions on how to recover it.
Keep Your Antivirus Software Active and Updated!
Antivirus software helps you fight against viruses and other malicious third party programs (i.e. key-loggers and Trojans). While Xerazx-OTS does not endorse or recommend any particular antivirus program, here is an example of a program that will prevent you from acquiring harmful malware:
Be careful with shared systems!
- Use of public computers, such as those at hotels and internet cafés, significantly increases the risk of your personal information becoming compromised. Your password can be compromised by simply logging in from one of these shared systems in the event that harmful software has been installed.
- If you've played on a shared system before, you should consider changing your password just in case.
- If you use a shared computer regularly, be sure to log out when you are done!
Do Not Share Your Account Information!
Beware of Scamming or Phishing Attempts!
Click here to view Microsoft’s own guide to phishing prevention, which contains some great phishing-prevention tips for any active user of the internet. Some of the more common ways that scammers/phishers initiate contact with victims include:
- Email – Phishing emails are usually designed to emulate official company communications, often employing spoofed sender addresses along with the sender’s common formatting to fool users into clicking on malicious web links.
- Social Media – Phishers might contact you through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, IM/chat (both in game and 3rd party, such as TeamSpeak or Skype), and etc. Remember, the Internet is full of strangers!
- Online Auction Houses – Buying codes or skins from third-party sellers is a huge risk and many such offers turn out to be scams, as the seller has the advantage of anonymity and risks very little in the scamming attempt.
- Forums – Messages containing malicious links or scams can exist on any forum or other means of online communication. Exercise caution when chatting with others online.
Other Websites – Some websites that ask you for login credentials are actually traps designed to steal your information using some type of web form. Others may be bombarding your computer with malware, which, without proper antivirus software, can harm your computer and endanger your account.
Support for Compromised Accounts
First we suggest you to try recovering the account through our lost account interface. In order to recover your Lost Account on Xerazx-OTS you will need to :
Go to the following page: http://highexp.eu/lostaccount
- Choose whether you wish to recover it via email (system will send you an email with your login info) or you have a recovery key and wants to directly use it.
- Last step is filling in the form with the required info.
Either you will successfully recover your account through email or recovery key, or you will fail to do. Don't worry if it did not work, we got you covered!
What if i don't remember any of my account information except my Character Name?
- Account Name (the name you log into the server with):
- Character Name (the name your friends see in-game):
- The server you play on (NA, EU - Highexp.eu or Highexp.us):
- When was the last time that you had access to the account (Month/Day/Year):
- Creation date of the account (Month and Year):
- Original email address used to register the account:
- Location where you registered the account (City and Country):
- List of locations that you have played on this account(City and Country):
- Last IP address used to play - http://whatsmyip.net/
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)/Internet Carrier when registering the account:
- Other people who have ever had access to the account:
- How did you first come into possession of the account:
- Location of Premium Points purchases (City and Country):
- Approximate dates of most recent Premium Points purchases:
- Email address linked to PayPal account:
- Unique PayPal transaction IDs associated with purchase(s):
- Phone number(s), mobile provider, and country used for SMS transactions:
- The last 4 digits and expiration date of any credit card(s) used to purchase Premium Points:
- Any transaction or confirmation numbers received via email for this account:
Once we receive the above info we will be able to look further into this,
While recovering your account
Q: Why is this taking so long?
Please keep in mind that this verification process does take quite some time because the information you provide is meticulously looked over by our specialists. For security purposes, you may be asked more questions to further the verification process.
Q: Why are there so many questions? I can’t remember a lot of this information!
We understand that a lot of the information we ask for is difficult to remember, and we ask many questions to give players various opportunities to provide any information that may help verify their ownership. If you are having trouble with any particular question, remember that it is more valuable to estimate, mention anything that you remember, or provide context rather than skipping a question completely.
We will do our best to get you back to the Fun Lands in no time!
This support article is embedded from Riot Games Help Desk, modifications were applied to fit with the server policy.